fighting for QUALITY
The Ohio Senate makes decisions everyday which impact the most underserved among us. I intend to provide a voice to those communities and lift up their stories to ensure that our policy decisions positively impact their lives rather than creating roadblocks to the middle class.
FightING for Quality Education
Every child deserves a quality education, regardless of their zip code. I will fight for our state to invest in public education so that every child has the opportunity to succeed.
- Investing in Early Childhood Education to make sure that our children aren’t starting out behind on day one.
- Advocating for a curriculum that provides opportunities for students to be successful regardless of their learning style.
- Shutting down the school to prison pipeline by making sure minor disciplinary issues don’t hold students back from succeeding.
- Promoting Pell Grants and other state aid to make sure that college is an option for any student who wishes to pursue it.
- Creating career pathways that include training and job placement options for those for whom college isn’t the right path.
CreatING Good-Paying Jobs
Just under a third of the 15th Senate District lives at or below the poverty line. I am dedicated to creating good-paying jobs so all residents can put nutritious food on the table, afford healthcare, and provide for their families.
- Raising the minimum wage so that no one has to work two jobs to put food on the table.
- Fighting for equal pay for equal work, regardless of gender, race, or sexual orientation.
- Supporting minority business enterprise and small business expansion investments to create new businesses.
- Investing in homeownership and financial literacy programs to create financial stability for our families.
- Protecting medicaid expansion to ensure our citizens have access to affordable healthcare.
ADvancing our Communities
Strong neighborhoods are the backbone of our community. I want to invest in our neighborhoods and ensure that all of our communities provide strong places to live, work, and raise a family.
- Expanding transportation infrastructure to connect our communities to existing jobs.
- Promoting the expansion of training programs and cultural competency assistance to police forces to improve police-community relations.
- Advocating for the expansion of treatment programs and drug courts that support individuals with addiction issues to help lead them to recovery.
- Closing disparities in health outcomes—such as infant mortality, obesity, and heart disease—by strategically investing in healthcare and community education.
- Growing existing state investment in local government funds to provide our communities with the resources they need.